Dear 2014 WBC Competitors,
We hope you are all well! Thank you for joining in on the fun again last April; it was another amazing event! We had so many high points, incredible ingenuity, amazing young people joining with the Spaulding Youth Apprentice Teams, a People’s Choice Award, tie breaking “dance off” And an incredible 4 year in a row 1st Place winners, Team Dog Slobber the team to beat in 2015, and so many more fun and exciting boats and teams! We are truly thankful to all of our teams, for without our TEAMS, there would be no WBC!!
The 2015 Bodega Bay Fisherman’s Festival will be held on April 11 and 12. So of course the 2015 WBC will be held Sat. April 11 and The 2nd Annual Bathtub Races (BTR) will be held on Sunday, April 12, you may want to consider entering your boats for the Bath Tub Races, on Sunday of the festival since you will already have a hand-made boat, Bathtub Race rules and event Information will be found here: http://www.bbfishfest.org/bathtub.html (2015 updates are not totally complete on the website but will be soon) if you enter for Saturday's Wooden Boat Challenge and Sunday’s Bathtub Races as well, then the entry for the Bathtub Races will be reduced to $25.
As you know, sign-ups for the Wooden Boat Challenge are “first come first served” and many returning teams have already asked me to hold your places. Please check in with me ASAP if you aren't sure you have signed up. Fees aren't due until March 27. I will hold your spot with an email confirmation.
Most creative use of the mystery material (fun noodle) Team Dog Slobber
Spiffy Skiffy, best decorated boat: Wasabi Rockets
People’s Choice Award: Tie 119 votes each : Wasabi Rockets and Flying Monkey claw, WON by Flying Monkey claw determined by the audience in a Dance off!
Master Ship’s Carpenter Award: Flying Monkey Claw
Captain Nemo Award for the: Least Conventional Propulsion: Great Zebra
Titanic Award, Spectacular Sinking: Hyperion
Captains Courageous Award, for perseverance in the face of adversity: Vikings
3rd Place, Great Zebra
2nd Place, Totally Screwed
1st Place and 4th time consecutive winners, Team Dog Slobber
The entire Fisherman’s Festival is 100% volunteer run. It is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit with NO PAID staff. We allocate 100% of proceeds to local charities.
- 2013 Allocations (I haven’t received the 2014 list yet but this is approx. what we do annually)
- Stewards of the Coast and Redwoods $2,000
- Ranch Bodega Historical Society $1,000
- Bodega Bay Marine Lab $2,800
- Bodega Bay Fire Assoc. $10,000
- Fish Marketing Assoc. $3,000
- Tomales Elem. PTA $2,500
- Tomales High School Close-up $1,000
- Tomales Future Farmers of America $3,000
- Tomales High School Project Graduation $1,500
- Scholarships $2,500
- Tomales High School Sports $1,500
- U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary $500
- Valley Ford Fire Dept. $3,000
- Bodega Bay Chamber of Commerce $2,500
- Bodega Bay Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) $3,400
- Bodega Bay Church $1,500
- Bodega Bay Community Center $1,800
- Bodega Bay Grange $5,000
- Bodega Bay School - after school program $2,500
- Bodega Bay PTA $2,000
- Bodega Land Trust $1,500
- Bodega Fire Dept $3,000
- Redwood Empire Foster Parent $3,500
- TOTAL $61,000
We are always trying to improve our WBC event. If you have any feedback or suggestions we appreciate and encourage it. We are always looking for sponsors, committee members and event volunteers.
WBC Committee Member and Team Coordinator